Ruben de Groot wrote:
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 05:47:53AM -0800, Loren M. Lang typed:
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:38:53PM +0000, Mark Ovens wrote:
> Loren M. Lang wrote:
> >replacing MYWORKGROUP, SERVER, USER, secret as neccessary. Make sure
> >nsmb.conf is only readable by root. Add the following line to fstab:
> >
> >//[EMAIL PROTECTED]/share /mnt/share smbfs rw 0 0
> >
> > PMJI, but do you know if it's possible to handle a share name containing > a space when mounting smb filesystems using fstab?
> > I tried
> > "//[EMAIL PROTECTED]/Drive C"
> '//[EMAIL PROTECTED]/Drive C'
> //[EMAIL PROTECTED]/Drive\ C
> > None of these worked. I know that using spaces in filenames is a Bad > Idea, but this is Windows we're talking about here ;-)

A random guess might be to try: //[EMAIL PROTECTED]/Driver%20C
%20 refers to the ascii character with hex value 20 which is space.
It's what webservers use for getting around spaces, samba might too.`
I'd be really curious to see if this works.

The following seems to work for me:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/root> mount_smbfs //odo/"Temp Dir" /mnt
Password:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/root> mount | grep smbfs
//[EMAIL PROTECTED]/TEMP DIR on /mnt (smbfs)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/root>

Yes, that WFM too. The problem is if you try to add that as an entry in /etc/fstab as it cannot handle the space. I had a quick look in fstab.c and there appears to be no handling of escaped characters, which is understandable I suppose since the first field would normally be something /dev/da0s1a

Mark

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0505-0, 31/01/2005
Tested on: 02/02/2005 01:30:28