Adam McMaster wrote:

On 27 Feb 2005, at 20:16, Joe Schmoe wrote:

Hi,

I am using a very vanilla XFree86 installation on fbsd
5.3. I am using ratpoison as my window manager.

If I highlight text in an xterm, it is immediately in
my buffer, and I can paste it into that xterm, or any
other xterm. Further, if I copy text in my web
browser, I can paste it into all my xterms.

However, I cannot take text that I copied in my xterm
and paste it into my browser (opera). Why is this ?

Why can I go in one direction (paste from opera into
xterm) but not the other (paste from xterm into opera)
?

thanks.

What're you doing to paste? Middle-click should work fine.

-- - Adam McMaster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Copy: select the text:
Paste: middle mouseclick. If you got a 2 button mouse it you most probably have to do this: left and right click at the same time.

Good Luck