Quoting Sam Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

The ipw and iwi drivers (at least) have never worked right so far as I can tell. At one point I tried the iwi driver and it kinda worked but failed in many common scenarios and in general was very fragile. I no longer have the facilities to even test these drivers and given that I know of no cardbus cards w/ intel parts in them it's unlikely I ever will unless someone wants to donate a laptop dedicated to testing.

If you have a notebook with a MiniPCI slot, the Intel 2100, 2200 and 2915
MiniPCI cards can be had in the after-market for US$30 or less.