On Tuesday 03 March 2009, Artyom Mirgorodsky wrote:
> >I know that certain AMD USB controllers perform less with the new USB
> > stack, but I've not been able to track down the issue.
>
> Yes, I have AMD platform (motherboard ASUS A8N-VM-CSM)
>
> >Can you try another PC having another CPU brand?
>
> Yes, I have already posted the result - 22 Mb/sec, much better than on my
> computer.
>
> >There might be some minor things that needs tuning like the NAK retry
> > counter. I suspect you have run into a timing issue with the hardware.
>
> Can I do anything to solve this problem or at least help you to track it
> down?

Edit: src/sys/dev/usb/controller/ehci.c

        if (usb2_get_speed(xfer->xroot->udev) == USB_SPEED_HIGH) {
                qh_endp |= (EHCI_QH_SET_EPS(EHCI_QH_SPEED_HIGH) |
                    EHCI_QH_DTC);
                if (methods != &ehci_device_intr_methods)
                        qh_endp |= EHCI_QH_SET_NRL(8);
        } else {

And tune to NRL value to 15. Recompile kernel and modules.

--HPS