well i am using an installation of the freedos 1.3 full usb image and
its definitely there. the documents in the newsnuz folder indicate
that it was written by doug macdonald. this is stated in the
NEWSNUZ.DOC document. i have attached it for perusal at your
convenience. so even if you can't help me i thank you for your reply!

all the best,
jimeric...@gmail.com