On 8/6/23 23:26, Mateusz Viste via Freedos-user wrote:
Because I felt that the world needed another DOS text editor, I have spent past month's evenings on a new project named SVED.

SVED (short for "the SvarDOS editor") is designed for basic editing of configuration files and such. It is NOT meant to be a full-featured text editor. On the pro side, it has a low memory footprint and is only a couple kilobytes big, which makes it a good fit for bootdisks or systems with extremely limited resources.

  - runs comfortably on a 8086-class PC with 256 KiB of RAM
  - auto-detects color and monochrome video modes
  - supports unusual text modes like 80x43, 80x50, 40x25...
  - multilingual UI
  - only 7 KiB of disk footprint
  - screen estate dedicated to text (no stupid frames, menus and such)
  - loads files larger than 64 KiB
  - no line length limit
  - can load up to 10 files simultaneously
  - handles CR/LF and LF line endings and can convert between them

http://svardos.org/sved

Mateusz

Hello,

This is going to be great for XTs. Unlike Norton Editor, the edit that comes with FreeDOS is so slow you can see the interface drawing itself
on such a machine.

--
WWW: https://metalpunks.info
GPG: 0x22AC1231