OK, apparently the PCMCIA -> CF adapter must be added to the BIOS boot
list. Otherwise FreeDOS doesn't detect it. So everything is fine, 100%
functional.

Can someone explain to me why I have to add it to the boot list in the
BIOS? I don't want it to try to boot from the adapter. If you can give me a
website to read, that'll be enough for me.

Thank you