Brandon Taylor said:

 > Well, I did find a nice package in the
 > FreeDOS repository called LSPPP. Would that work better?

  It shall work if you have an internet service
 provider that supports a PPP connection.
  Anyway, you will still need a modem driver for
 DOS. There used to be many of them in old
 software repositories as the Crynwr collection.
  It seems that you already have internet access.
 If it is by an Ethernet LAN through a gateway,
 you may use it under DOS too. You will need
 a DOS device driver for your Ethernet card.
 A difference between DOS and Windows or Linux
is that DOS does not autodetects nor autoinstalls
hardware drivers. Nor are DOS hardware drivers
the same used by other O/Ss; you have to find
and install them yourself.
 Excuse me if I am attempting to explain the obvious,
but it also seems that you are a newbie to DOS.