On the download page, try gettin the floppy version.  On real hardware ya
may need to use an external drive, or built-in cdrom/drdrom drive if one is
available.  Also ya need to go in your bios and make sure that the usb is
setup as your first boot item.  Find the key for your bot options, i
believe f10 on compaq/hp systems amd pres that during boot to select the
usb device.  By default computers are made to boot to the onboard drive and
ya need to select usb on the boot menu or set up in bios to use it.