On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 05:17:57PM +0300, Kostas Zorbadelos wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 10:20:48AM -0400, Alan DeKok wrote:
> > Kostas Zorbadelos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > First of all I have a question for Exec-Program-Wait. I need to run an
> > > external C program that expects in its environment a proper
> > > LD_LIBRARY_PATH to run. I followed the obvious solution of using a
> > > wrapper bash shell script, that sets the environment and calls the C
> > > program via exec. Can I avoid this?

> >   No.

> >   I'd suggest adding a patch to rlm_exec, so that it can take a
> > configuration directive for LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and maybe others.

> > > The second thing I want to bring up again is the rlm_exec module. Back
> > > in September (thread rlm_exec vs Exec-Program-Wait attribute)
> > > summarized in
> > > http://lists.freeradius.org/archives/freeradius-users/2004/09/frm00161.html,
> > > a set of changes to rlm_exec were proposed to also handle the case of
> > > having attributes in access-reject.
> > > Are these changes going to be accepted finally and if so in which
> > > version?

> >   Probably, but I haven't had time to look over them yet.  If
> > sufficient people use the patch and like it, it can be added.

> Actually the conversation in that thread ended by mentioning the ideas
> rlm_exec should follow. I didn't see any patch that implemented
> them. If there is such a patch please direct me to it and I
> will test it.

My patch was here:
http://lists.freeradius.org/archives/freeradius-users/2004/09/frm00132.html
and the conversation suggested the following changes:

Return RLM_MODULE_OK when result ==0 and RLM_MODULE_FAIL when result >
RLM_MODULE_NUMCODES

Change "return 1" in src/main/exec.c line 390 to "return 2" so a failed
execute returns RLM_MODULE_FAIL rather than RLM_MODULE_REJECT. (As
suggested above the patch.)

The disadvantage of my patch is that the values returned are actually
one higher than the values in the header (eg 1-based instead of 0-based)
I did this so that programs returning 0 (The normal case) wouldn't
suddenly start failing. And I'm not happy about it, but cannot see a
better way. (If only FreeRADIUS defined RLM_MODULE_OK as 0... =^_^=)

I'm sorry, but I've not had a chance to either commit it or even give it
a thorough testing. It's a simple enough patch that I feel it is already
correct, but I'll not commit it myself until someone uses it and gives a
report that it works OK. (The use to which I intended to put it myself
is now on hold, pending business decisions. And it'll need the new-type
SQL group handling support too, and I can't recall if that's gone in yet
either. >_<)

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, on an alternate email client.