Hi,

with my FR 1.x installation I'am authenticating via EAP-TLS Computers against my Switches. User are authenticated with PEAP, all are held in the users-textfile in $RADDB/users

But with rising number of PCs and Users the edit of the users file is a bit uncomfortable. I want to upgrade everything to FR 2.1 on my Debian-Squeeze-Box, using LDAP, because I have already all Users and PCs in my OpenLDAP (for the use of Samba).

I'am a bit unsure about the doc, which says no EAP-TLS while using LDAP and no crypted passwords. If I read here, I have the impression that this is something what some people already do.

I like to authenticate PCs with EAP-TLS, which are in the LDAP List by name, there is no need to extract an cert from the LDAP-Tree. Just check the name and if the cert matches to the server-cert the access is granted. As I already do now.

The users should be checked by uid and the password should be checked, but I have of course no cleartext-password in my LDAP, they are all crypt or MD5 (depends on tree).

Is this possible or not?

TIA
Alex

-