Mark Pipkin wrote:
> With all of the frustration I nuked all of FreeRadius from the server
> using 'aptitude purge freeradius freeradius-common freeradius-utils'.
> This cleaned up all of my changes.  Then I reinstalled FreeRadius.

  i.e. start from the default configuration.

>>From here I followed the "Updated tutorial" until I got to: Configuring
> FreeRADIUS to use ntlm_auth for MS-CHAP.  When I reached this section,
> and I had everything working, I went back to the original HowTo and read
> though it. (note to self: don't just a head just because a HowTo seems
> to good to be true.

  And then follow the documentation.

  It *will* work.

> The "Updated tutorial" doesn't let you know anything about peap,
> with_ntdomain_hack, the default setting of eap, or setting up clients.
> So it is not, in my opinion a complete walk though.

  Sure.  It documents one piece of the server functionality.  For the
rest, documentation generally exists.

> Currently everything is working.  I'm able to authenticate though radius
> using Windows 2000 AD.
>
> Resolved.

  Exactly.  The frustration I generally show is people (a) butchering
the default configs, (b) refusing to follow the docs, and (c) arguing
when told "don't do that".

  It's really not hard.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html