Guys,

For your pleasure: http://www.materiel.be/n/7685/Des-fichiers-pirates-dans-XP.php

I know, it is in French, but here is my translation, it deserves to be known.

"Digging into Windows XP Operating Systems, the journalists of PC Welt discovered the following text at the end of the files presents into the C:/Windows/Help/Tours/WindowsMediaPlayer/Audio/Wav directory:

[see the picture at the link]

You have to know that DeepzOne is the nickname of a founding member of the Radium cracking group created in 1997 and especialized into the craking of sound oriented software.

To say it another way, the Microsoft guy who created these files used a cracked version of the SoundForce program.

Even if it is probable the Redmond giant has a license of this program (400$), it looks bad to see this when we are hearing everywhere about the Microsoft anti-piracy policy..."

Laurent LEVIER
Systems & Networks Security Expert, CISSP CISM

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html