On Fri, Apr 5, 2024 at 1:59 PM Pierrick Philippe
<pierrick.phili...@irisa.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I do have a question regarding ssa_name and result_decl.
>
> For example on the following gimple function:
>
> int f ()
> {
>   int x;
>   int D.2747;
>   int _2;
>
>   <bb 2> :
>   x_1 = 42;
>   _2 = x_1;
>
>   <bb 3> :
> <L0>:
>   return _2;
>
> }
>
> On the above example, using the macro SSA_NAME_VAR() on _2 does not
> yield anything usable.
> Neither to call ssa_default_def() on the result of the result_decl
> obtain through macro DECL_RESULT().
>
> Is there a way to get the ssa_name corresponding to the result_decl of a
> function obtained through the use of macro DECL_RESULT() on a fn_decl?
> And/or the other way around? I.e., from the returned ssa_name of a
> function to the result_decl of that function?
>
> I totally might be missing something here, but I cannot figure out what.

DECL_RESULT isn't always used (as in your example).  Not all SSA names
have corresponding declarations, we have "anonymous" SSA names which
have a NULL_TREE SSA_NAME_VAR (such as the _2 in your example).

What do you try to find in the end?  If you want to find all returns you can
walk predecessors of EXIT_BLOCK and look at their last stmt whether they
are greturn statements.

Richard.