Hello,

Thanks a lot for the patch :)

I agree with Jakub that we should be using the GNU coding style in our call to std::replace - this is what we try to enforce in the rest of the Rust frontend.

Regarding the changes to `mkdir_wrapped`, the function now looks a bit odd:

void
mkdir_wrapped (const std::string &dirname)
{
  int ret;
  ret = mkdir (dirname.c_str (), 0775);
  (void) ret;
}

could you change it to something simpler like simply ignoring the return value of `mkdir`? since this is what we are already doing (and we should improve error handling here... but one battle at a time).

I would suggest the following:

void
mkdir_wrapped (const std::string &dirname)
{
  mkdir (dirname.c_str (), 0775);
}

Have you run the testsuite on *-w64-mingw32? I'm wondering if commenting out the `register_callback` function causes any issues there?

All in all I'm in favor of this patch, and thanks for submitting it :)

Best,

Arthur