> On 30 Apr 2024, at 11:33, Jakub Jelinek via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
>
> The first release candidate for GCC 14.1 is available from
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/14.1.0-RC-20240430/
> ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/14.1.0-RC-20240430/
>
> and shortly its mirrors.  It has been generated from git commit
> r14-10154-g7a00c459cbb913a.
>
> I have so far bootstrapped and tested the release candidate on
> x86_64-linux.
> Please test it and report any issues to bugzilla.
>
> If all goes well, we'd like to release 14.1 on Tuesday, May 7th.

I have bootstrapped and tested this on powerpc, i686 darwin9
x86_64 darwin10 - 21 and darwin23, also on i686-darwin17.
most of the results have been pushed to sourceware bunsen.

In doing this I have found a wrong-code regression in
Objective-C that is confined to Darwin (NeXT v2 runtime) and I
will be applying a patch to trunk later (and then to affected
branches) hopefully, it will be considered suitable for 14.1 too.

thanks
Iain