On 5/25/19 7:31 PM, Thomas Koenig wrote:
Hi Toon,

On 5/25/19 7:01 PM, Steve Kargl wrote:

For WRF, I suppose you or Martin could be a good citizen and
contact the project to report a bug.

I have thought about this. As a person with experience building and running weather forecasting codes, I would be first in line to try this. But the SPEC code could be modified and not resemble a fresh WRF setup ...

The current version of netcdf has, in module_netcdf_nf_interfaces.F90,

!--------------------------------- nf_put_vara_double ----------------------
Interface
  Function nf_put_vara_double(ncid, varid, start, counts, dvals) &
                                 RESULT(status)

  USE netcdf_nf_data, ONLY: RK8

  Integer,   Intent(IN) :: ncid, varid
  Integer,   Intent(IN) :: start(*), counts(*)
  Real(RK8), Intent(IN) :: dvals(*)
  Integer               :: status

  End Function nf_put_vara_double
End Interface

which looks good (well, it's not BIND(C)). In another file,
it has it as a simple INTEGER declaration with EXTERNAL.
I don't know which of the two is actually used.

OK.

One thing I can do (tomorrow) is to download WRF, build it and see how it uses netcdf.

The trunk compiler I have at hand is revision 271618, so it includes your update that's the subject of PR90539.

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: t...@moene.org - phone: +31 346 214290
At home: http://moene.org/~toon/; weather: http://moene.org/~hirlam/