    Stephen> [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
    >> what is missing/goes wrong with a recent version of wine and the
    >> "different tool"? If wine had a regression, wine needs to be fixed.
    >> Please let me/the wine-devel mailing list know.

    Stephen> If you would like, I can send you the Pod-A-Lyzer software.
    Stephen> Without the device itself, it runs in demo mode. This may be
    Stephen> enough to check things out.

Yes, please send me the demo or a link to download the demo and a short
description how to reproduce the bug.

    Stephen> I actually recently got my handles on the developer docs for
    Stephen> the device, so I may be able to write a Linux native version
    Stephen> instead.

Actually, if the device interface is known, you can write VXD/Sys
Replacements for Windows drivers when a Linux device is
available. Parallel/Serial Port devices may access the ports directly too.

Then only a device driver/interface is needed, but the GUI can be the same
for Win/<Platform where Wine runs>.

Bye

--
Uwe Bonnes                [EMAIL PROTECTED]