Wonderful to hear about your work Lantuszka. I look forward to hearing more
about it - do you have any on-Wiki materials related to results, images,
reports? I'd love to share it with folks.

=)

Sarah

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 6:43 AM, Lantuszka . <lantus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Last weekend we had celebrated 10th anniversary of polish Wikipedia.
> Definitly successful event gathered lot of Wikipedians, media attention as
> well as general audience.
> just to mention that among several very interesting subjects i got a chance
> to present also the issue of women and Wikipedia.
> the lecture was called "female face of Wikipedia" and was to sum up the
> discussions that started after February 2011 interview that Sue Gardner has
> given mentioning the gender gap problem.
> In the presentation i had briefed on many initiatives undertaken as
> immediate and later reaction to the interview (start of this mailing list,
> many local projects and workshops to empower women to become Wikieditors),
> underlined the question why it is important and what added values it brings
> as well as the question on if there is any substantial difference in the
> quality of article edited by woman or man (IMHO non what matters is the
> quality of work not really what gender is the author).
> the lecture - as all of that conference - has been shoutcasted online and
> video recorded and later the videos would be available online on free
> licences. The language of lecture was Polish. Not sure if the video would
> have subtitles in english - most probably not.
>
> for the upcoming 8th March we're planning again workshops for women (in
> several cities in Poland) on wiki-editing and wiki-values.
>
> shall you have any questions, comments about the lecture or would like to
> share your experience (good practices, weak points, suggestions for
> improvement) on workshops or other ideas especially for 8th March, you shall
> not hesitate to write and are more then welcome to share your experience.
>
> bests,
> Lantuszka

GLAMWIKI Partnership Ambassador for Wikimedia <http://www.glamwiki.org>
Wikipedian-in-Residence, Archives of American
Art<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SarahStierch>
and
Sarah Stierch Consulting
*Historical, cultural & artistic research & advising.*