We also have a "controversial" template...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Controversial

I love the idea of having articles of gender concern in a one stop shopping
space. Going through the NPOV collection is long, painful and is filled with
lots of advertising articles for tech companies. Blarghhhh

-Sarah

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 10:21 AM, <carolmoor...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  There are other more powerful groups that would use the precedent to
> create a template that would censor a number of articles that already are
> heavily patrolled and censored by organized groups of editors (many of them
> surely paid, not that they'd ever admit it).
>
> Instead use the POV template and make editors think by explaining the POV
> template on the talk page. And mention the problem on Wikiproject Feminism.
>
> On 9/30/2011 11:30 AM, Andreas Kolbe wrote:
>
>   What do you think about creating a {{gendergap}} or {{GNPOV}}
> (gender-neutral point of view) template in en:WP? This could have a format
> similar to
>
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:NPOV
>
>  and could use an image like
>
>  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Igualtat_de_sexes.svg
>
>  The text could say something like:
>
>  "The gender neutrality of this article is disputed. Please see the
> discussion on the talk page. Please do not remove this message until the
> dispute is resolved."
>
>  Note that templates of this sort come with associated categories such as
>
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:NPOV_disputes_from_September_2011
>
>  These categories can help identify articles with active disputes.
>
>  Thoughts?
>
>  Do we already have a template like that that I am unaware of?
>
>  Best,
> Andreas

GLAMWIKI Partnership Ambassador for Wikimedia <http://www.glamwiki.org>
Wikipedian-in-Residence, Archives of American
Art<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SarahStierch>
and
Sarah Stierch Consulting
*Historical, cultural & artistic research & advising.*