Hey,

Depends on the organisation. Bristol was chapter support but Manchester was
mostly support from the Girl Geeks themselves. IN summary, it is negotiable.

Fiona

From: gendergap-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:gendergap-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Sarah Stierch
Sent: 02 October 2011 17:39
To: Increasing female participation in Wikimedia projects
Subject: Re: [Gendergap] Girl Geek Dinner Volunteers

One more question Fiona - is this something we'd get funding through GG for
or would we look towards chapter/WMF support?

-Sarah

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Sarah Stierch <sarah.stie...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hey Fiona,

I think this is awesome. I didn't know that Girl Geek was considered
international.. I'm busy as a bee, but, I'd love to develop an edit-a-thon,
a cocktail edit-hour, a party, etc... I also like the idea that Girl Geek is
inclusive - men can attend right (if a guest of a woman?)? As someone active
in GLAM outreach, and interested in expanding that to serving as a "mind the
gap ambassador" (that's my new favorite terminology...) this might be a good
first opportunity for that.

I travel between DC and San Francisco and it'd be great to host an event in
both cities, or work with orgs in both. Feel free to add me into any
mailings or conversations. Thanks for taking initiative with this.

-Sarah