BaseballBugs has a problematic history at the reference desk. This isn't the first time he's made sexist comments there.[1] Unfortunately, none of this context was brought up in the discussion about the block. The unblock was a knee-jerk reaction from a superficial evaluation. Arguably, the block was a knee-jerk reaction as well. Bad behavior all around, in my opinion.

Ryan Kaldari

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2010_January_21#Orgasm