Hi everyone,

I'm starting a list of media (specifically still photography but with
potential for video, as well) which needs improvement or doesn't exist on
Commons. Not specifically "women's themes" (we all love to argue what that
is), but, media that might involve women (doesn't have to be sexual in
nature) or you believe is male-dominated in certain themes and lacks in
equal gender representation.

This can include subjects or content like:

   - Contemporary female painters
   - Manicures
   - Pierced females (they are often either anthropological images or
   really poor casual/cutesy myspace style snapshots wiped off of Flickr) (for
   males, too)
   - Hairstyles
   - Clothing

Just tossing out ideas. You're welcome to post here to the list or email me
directly.

And as always, I encourage you to assist in curating Commons and uploading
quality educational content to make it a healthier and better place. The
Commons uploader is really great and I think rather cut and dry, but, if I
can ever be of any assistance in helping you learn how to use Commons and
upload content, just ask.

Right now, I believe there are upwards of only about 3-5 active "open"
female contributors to the project, which probably contributes to the
unhealthy atmosphere and lack of representational content.

Thanks,

Sarah

--
<http://www.glamwiki.org>