Hi everyone,

I want to congratulate Sumana Harihareswara, Volunteer Development
Coordinator<http://blog.wikimedia.org/2011/05/03/welcome-sumana-harihareswara-volunteer-development-coordinator/>for
the Wikimedia Foundation, on being chosen as Femmeonomics "50 Women to
Watch in Tech."  She's listed alongside some really amazing women -
including Valerie Aurora who is a friend of this mailing list and
co-founder of the Ada Initiative. <http://adainitiative.org/>[1]

She's quite a voice within the community - encouraging developers and
programmers to get involved in Wikimedia and participating in conferences
like Open Source
Bridge<http://blip.tv/open-source-bridge/open-source-bridge-2011-sumana-harihareswara-5315059>.
On a personal note, Sumana has been a beam of encouragement for me, and has
helped me gain confidence in regards to my "open source skills" and helping
me learn more about feminist and women's roles and organizations in the
open source community. She's also great to share a bottle of wine with.

Congratulations Sumana! We'll be watching (pressures on!)....

-Sarah

[1] Currently only the first ten are listed, but the rest are on the way!
http://femme-o-nomics.com/2011/10/the-50-women-to-watch-in-tech-the-first-10/

--
<http://www.glamwiki.org>
Sarah Stierch Consulting