(Accidentally replied privately due to being cc'd on the email he sent!
This was meant for on-list)

Hi Mike,

As I just sent out re:Migdia, it states on the sign up page for the list
"To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Gendergap
Archives <http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/gendergap/>."[1] Unless we
chose to make this a close list, that is by approved subscription only
(like internal-l[2] or cultural partners[3]), it will still not remove the
public content already on the public web. And it would require community
support for a closed list (which I don't think is necessary, personally).

It's unfortunate if this will possibly change your participation on the
list from here on out, but, since the lists inception in February it has
been a public mailing list.

-Sarah Stierch

[3] http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/Contact

--