Hi Emijrp,

Looks like a great find!

It seems to me that transcribing these volumes onto Wikisource would be a
great step toward getting them used as sources for Wikipedia articles. In
case you (or somebody else on the list) are not familiar with Wikisource,
it's basically a place where you can:
* start with scanned books (like those you linked below)
* transcribe them (using a combination of Optical Character Recognition and
manual transcription)
* match up the transcribed pages with the scanned images (for an example,
see:
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Page%3AEnglish_Caricaturists_and_Graphic_Humourists_of_the_nineteenth_century.djvu/56)

The advantages are many, but here are a few:
* Once a book is transcribed, it's easy to use a tool like
translate.google.com to get a rough translation into another language
* It's possible to use wikilinks to Wikipedia articles, Wiktionary
definitioins, etc. to add context
* It's possible to make small readability/usability improvements on the
original, like neatly aligned bullet lists, linkable footnotes, etc.

So, it might be interesting to start transcribing one of these volumes to
Wikisource as a first step toward using them in Wikipedia. There are some
very sophisticated tools that automate a lot of the process; I'm not a
great expert myself, but if you'd like, I could see if there's a Spanish
speaker who could guide you through the process of uploading these to
Spanish Wikisource.

-Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]] on English Wikipedia, Wikisource, etc.