Agreed -- excellent work, Laura and Bidgee!

On case studies -- one person who has self-documented extensively on
gaining access to public figures for photos is David Shankbone. But he's
blogged about tons of things, so it will take a little work to dig through
and find the best reflective posts on that subject.

Here's a 2009 article about his work:
http://www.cjr.org/on_the_job/the_wikinews_ace.php?page=all

His blog is at http://shankbone.org

It would be awesome to explore the kinds of techniques various people have
used to get this kind of access! A good project for the GLAM portal or
other outreach pages.

-Pete