On 5/7/13 9:57 AM, Russavia wrote:
Frankly, I don't know why this is a "feminist" issue; rather than an
issue of common sense.

Agreed. I often find it is counter-productive to frame these sort of debates in terms of feminism/sexism/etc. This immediately triggers the censorship-defense mechanism in those who believe that feminists want to ban nudity from the internet (or something like that). You're not going to convince these editors that it is important to examine the biased representation of women on Wikipedia. What you might convince them of is that Gandhi is a more notable vegetarian than Serenity, the exotic dancer. Or that a photograph of a 3rd trimester pregnancy is a better illustration of 'pregnancy' than a photograph of a 1st trimester pregnancy. In other words, if you don't have to debate the nudity, don't. It will only steer the discussion into a culture war in which you will be hopelessly outnumbered.

Ryan 'Mansplainer' Kaldari