On Friday, 10 May 2013 at 15:23, Pete Forsyth wrote:
> I think it's easier to discuss the challenges associated with the board
> resolution in question, if we can leave aside the question of nudity for a
> moment. Here is a simple example of an ordinary portrait taken in a
> (presumably) private setting in a library:
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Karen_Stollznow_2.jpg
>
> The subject of the photo (as far as we know) explicitly stated she did *not*
> give consent. But the closing administrator didn't consider that compelling
> enough.
>
> What would be a good outcome in this case?

The only problem I have in this situation is that anyone could come on,
register a username on Commons and say "Hi, I'm XYZ, I didn't consent to my
image being taken and used on Wikipedia, please delete."

Ideally, we'd do this through OTRS rather than on-wiki so we can confirm that
the people requesting deletion are who they say they are.

Until we have enough people to handle these issues, we should err on the side
of caution - in this case, probably deleting.

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>