Hi Kathleen,

Sad news.

In a case like this, there are three possibilities for adding a photo on
English Wikipedia:

   1. Find a suitably licensed (or public domain) photo. I have done a
   quick search on Google

<https://www.google.com/search?q=Karen+DeCrow&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=IECTU8bEKOr48AGNhoCQDA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=693#q=Karen+DeCrow&tbm=isch&tbs=sur:fmc>
   and Flickr

<https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Karen+DeCrow&l=commderiv&ss=2&ct=0&mt=all&w=all&adv=1>,
   which both offer (hooray!) an easy way to search for freely licensed
   material (in their "search tools" and "advanced search" menus,
   respectively.) Unfortunately, nothing useful seems to come up.
   2. Find a photo that is not suitably licensed, and request of the
   copyright holder that they release it under a suitable free license. This
   is something many of us have done, and there are some sample emails online
   (and in many of our "sent messages" folders) that could be used as a
   template. If you have a photo in mind and want to reach out, let me know if
   you want some help writing the note. (It's important to cover a number of
   details, but also do it in a friendly and approachable way...it can be a
   tricky balance.)
   3. Once someone is deceased, on the English language Wikipedia (unlike
   most Wikipedias), it is possible to include a low-resolution photo, even if
   it's covered by copyright, with a "non-free use rationale
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Non-free_use_rationale_guideline>."
   If it's impossible to get a free photo, this may be the best approach. But
   I bet #2 could work with enough diligence.

Do you have a specific photo in mind? What kind of help would be most
useful?
Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]