Just want to add, this conference is for women in open tech AND culture -
in the past, about 40% of attendees do not have jobs in IT. Applications
for AdaCamp Berlin are currently running about 30% Wikimedians and we are
hoping for 50% Wikimedians across AdaCamp Berlin and AdaCamp Bangalore. In
particular, we are hoping to continue the great conversations started at
the Wikimedia Diversity Conference last year hosted by WM DE.

http://berlin.adacamp.org/apply/
http://bangalore.adacamp.org/apply/

-VAL

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 1:52 AM, Daria Cybulska <
daria.cybul...@wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Please have a look and spread widely - really hope to see some of you at
> the event. The event is worth attending; I'm raising it particularly as
> there are scholarships for UK attendees.
>

> * AdaCamp is a conference dedicated to increasing women’s participation in
> open technology and culture. It brings women together to build community,
> share skills, discuss problems with open tech/culture communities that
> affect women, and find ways to address them. It has been taking place for
> several years in the US and Australia, but in 2014 it is coming to Europe
> for the first time. The Berlin AdaCamp will be October 11-12, 2014 at the
> Wikimedia Deutschland <http://wikimedia.de/> offices. It will also focus
> strongly on the Wikimedia community in particular. It is a valuable
> opportunity for UK Wikimedians to attend a focused event (of only about 50
> attendees) where we will focus on learning practical things and planning
> future projects. If you have experience in open tech/culture, experience or
> knowledge of feminism and advocacy and the ability to collaborate with
> others, you should apply! We would like to help build a community of UK
> Wikimedians supporting women in open tech/culture - especially Wikimedia
> projects - and for that reason we are offering scholarships for UK
> applicants. To learn more about the event visit http://berlin.adacamp.org/
> <http://berlin.adacamp.org/> To read about the application process and find
> out how to receive a scholarship, please visit
> http://berlin.adacamp.org/apply/ <http://berlin.adacamp.org/apply/> If you
> have any questions about the UK scholarships, contact Daria Cybulska at
> daria.cybul...@wikimedia.org.uk <daria.cybul...@wikimedia.org.uk> *
>
> --
> Daria Cybulska - Programme Manager, Wikimedia UK
> +44 (0) 207 065 0994
> +44 7803 505 170
> --

> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
>
> *Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control
> over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*
>

> --
> Daria Cybulska - Programme Manager, Wikimedia UK
> +44 (0) 207 065 0994
> +44 7803 505 170
> --

> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
>
> *Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control
> over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*

Valerie Aurora
Executive Director

You can help increase the participation of women in open technology and
culture!
Donate today at http://adainitiative.org/donate/