Many things are made to be about gender when they are genuinely not.

This is one of those things.  The essay on meta titled "Don't be a dick" is
very popular, widely quoted, and nobody has an issue with the fact that
slang for male genitalia is being used pejoratively in reference to
behaviour.

Eric has a filthy mouth and likes to use it to get a reaction from people.
 But it really isn't about gender.  It's just an expletive.  A civility
issue, yes, a gender one, not at all.

Julie