These words do cause concern..this is an interesting essay on Bill Maher's
use of the word...and the author ends by stating:
Someone as clever as Maher, who writes and talks for a living, also
probably has other words in his vocabulary that he could use, if he needs
to express his contempt for Sarah Palin—words that aren't inherently
misogynistic, words that don't demean other women in the process of
discussing a particular woman.

I challenge him to use those words, and prove to us he's actually as smart
a guy as he thinks he is.

[more here]
Last week, I mentioned
<http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/2011/03/observation_23.html> that
Bill Maher had called Sarah Palin a "dumb twat" on his show. On the next
episode, he called
<http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/26/maher-strikes-again-bachmann-and-palin-two-bimbos/>
Palin
and Rep. Michele Bachmann "bimbos." Then, Sunday night, during a comedy
show in Dallas, he reportedly
<http://www.dallasvoice.com/maher-your-beautiful-theater-gonna-long-1070487.html>
called
Sarah Palin a "cunt," because "there's just no other word for her."
​
http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/542786/unacceptable%3A_sexist_bill_maher_calls_sarah_palin_the_c-word
​