On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Carol Moore dc <carolmoor...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Reading through a 2011 post by a woman who quit because she "didn't need the
> grief" I was thinking about why guys keep editing despite it.  And it
> occurred to me men are taught to "take the pain", "pretend it doesn't hurt",
> "man up".

While I readily admit that that is the kind of bullshit masculinity I
was raised in, as a Wikipedian I persevere more in the "nil
desperandum" sentiment that has sustained so many of my fellow Quakers
and Wobblies to persist in the face of persecution and even murder.
You do the right thing, and keep doing the right thing as long as the
breath is in your body, because it is the right thing to do.

--
Michael J. "Orange Mike" Lowrey

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food
and clothes."
     --  Desiderius Erasmus