As I've mentioned, the biggest problem we're having now is male attack posts, female complaints about such attacks, generally disruptive/tendentious threads which really are driving off people who join the project, probably look at the page, and quickly leave.

I started this thread.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Countering_systemic_bias/Gender_gap_task_force#Hatting_vs._closing_vs._immediate_archiving_vs._indexing_on_subpages

"Hatting vs. closing vs. immediate archiving vs. indexing on subpages"

It initially was responded to by all males, two of them wikihounders, one who has some odd ball agenda, and a sensible one. (There also was a discussion at another thread about the way another guy came in and hatted complaint discussions about sexism that hadn't been finished, which muddied the waters.)

Sarah (SlimVirgin) suggested a 30 day archiving regime which we've had for a week or two. But I just got fed up and changed it to 15 days, but don't know how long that would last.

It really would help if editors could come to the thread and tell us what they think about leaving all those disruptive posts up there as opposed to having ''active and constructive members" close/hat/archive the most problematic ones as seems sensible on a case by case basis.