Here's a thing re the voting.

*I wanted to vote*, but couldn't because my original, 1-week "sock" block
was extended by a week, for "evading" my block. Setting aside whether the
original block was fair - my reason for editing anonymously was for
privacy, but others called it avoiding scrutiny - the extension of my block
was not fair because the IP that caused it was not me, which I think I
argued well.

My last effort, on the last day of voting, to get the "evasion" block
lifted was going to the unblock IRC (that was quite an experience) and
proposing that I only vote and not do anything else until the block
extension expired. Admins there would not agree to that proposal, plus they
gave me some snark because of my ignorance of how the unblock process works.

In fact, added to my list now of not-content issues (and I really would
prefer to work on content) to address is the SPI/block process. It was
aggravating as hell to want to discuss my situation privately, but be
ignored, thereby not being able to defend myself without outing/confirming
personal information. My choices were 1. Argue my position publicly and
confirm outed, personal information (my IP address), or 2. Stay quiet and
look guilty by not denying the charge. I'm still trying to wrap my brain
around it.

Lightbreather