Very interesting thoughts.  Myself, I avoid Facebook and Twitter like the
plague, but I realise I'm very much in the minority there.  I don't object
to their existence, don't get me wrong, and I know some people find it
useful.

Having said that - it's interesting to read what another woman has written
about "Wikipedia's notoriously gangsterish back channels" in a tribute to
our former colleague Adrienne Wadewitz published by the New York Times.
(While the writer doesn't seem to think much of Wikipedia, it's still a
great tribute to Adrienne.)

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/12/25/magazine/2014-the-lives-they-lived.html?module=Search&mabReward=relbias%3Ar&_r=1

Risker/Anne