On 7/2/2015 4:37 PM, Neotarf wrote:

Samuel Klein I think has a point that "harassment" and "sexual
harassment" are not necessarily the same, the second being more of a
civil rights issue.

Harassment and sexual harassment can be done by men to women or women to men.

However, harassment BECAUSE one is a woman is a separate category which should be more clearly identified as SEXIST harassment.

Some guys just don't want a woman editor changing/reverting/challenging their edits - or just doing a better editing job on an article of interest to a particular guy - or just speaking out in general.

While a few women may go after editors JUST because they are men (especially if they do obviously sexist editing!), women in general don't harass others, and especially men, as much because most of us are indoctrinated into being "nice" and "fair" and even deferential.

Even as a bad tempered radical feminist, I went around for years being so proud of myself for NOT losing my sometimes volatile temper at all the sexism on Wikipedia and keeping my commentary relatively civil.

I wish I'd lost my temper much more and much earlier so I would have gotten kicked off sooner - and for substantive reasons of being uncivil, as opposed to the trumped up ones for which I was kicked off in December 2014. Then I wouldn't have wasted so much time being harassed by sexist editors who just didn't want me editing at all!

CM