I think Wikipedia editors should be a higher priority than technical
contributors. If one looks at most of the STEM community, it appears to be
a systematic problem in underrepresentation. On the other hand, in the
editing environment, there is an underrepresentation of women identifying
editors but at the same time there is a much more gender equal proportion
of women writers in the wider world.

The problem of women editors is a Wikipedia-centric problem, while women
technical staff is one within the wider world and will take a lot more than
just a Wikimedia drive.