reposting here - I read the English article and found it very interesting,
if only to remind us how far we have come on enwiki (from 15.5% to 17%)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eduardo Testart <etest...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 6:55 PM
Subject: [Wikimedia-l] Women through the glass ceiling: gender asymmetries
in Wikipedia
To: Wikimedia Mailing List <wikimedi...@lists.wikimedia.org>

Hi all,

One of the members from Wikimedia Chile, independently from the chapter and
before he became a member, was directly involved in the development of the
following article, that adress the gender inequality (or gender bias), and
which gives the title to the email:

*https://epjdatascience.springeropen.com/articles/10.
1140/epjds/s13688-016-0066-4
<https://epjdatascience.springeropen.com/articles/10.
1140/epjds/s13688-016-0066-4>*

It was published almost a year and half ago (March 1, 2016), and from an
internal and informal conversation that occurred yesterday in the Chapter,
he shared the link to the complete study
<https://epjdatascience.springeropen.com/articles/10.
1140/epjds/s13688-016-0066-4>
(in English). Worth to mention is that he presented preliminary results
<https://www.slideshare.net/carnby/wmcl2015-investigando-usando-wikipedia>
(in Spanish) about it in the Wikimedia Chile Conference
<https://wikimedia.cl/Conferencia_Wikimedia_Chile_2015> from 2015.

I read the complete article yesterday, and found it extremely interesting,
so I took the liberty to share it here, in case you haven’t had the chance
to read it yet.

Also, the article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons
Attribution 4.0 International License :)

Cheers!
--
Eduardo Testart