Hi gendergap-l members,

We are writing to let you know that the time is quickly approaching for the
next round of the Wikimedia Foundation’s Project Grants program. On January
21, we will launch the Round 2020/1 open call, with a final proposal
deadline of February 20 for all submissions. Importantly, this will be the
only open call for Project Grants in the current fiscal year, so we’d love
to get your help in making sure that your community is aware of this
funding opportunity, and has time to plan a proposal, if desired.

Should you become aware of prospective applicants, you can let them know
that:

   -

   Prospective grantees are welcome to reach out to
   projectgra...@wikimedia.org with questions before the open call begins.
   -

   We offer these pages on Meta to help applicants plan projects and
   complete a grant proposal:
   -

      Tutorials for writing a strong application <
      https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Tutorial>
      -

      General planning page for Project Grants <
      https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Plan>
      -

      Program guidelines and criteria <
      https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Learn>

Every round, we make our best effort to recruit committee members, who
volunteer to help review and make funding decisions about grant
applications.  Would you also please take a moment to consider whether you
can suggest any individuals you think might make a strong contribution in
this role? Please consider:

   -

   Are there individuals who could offer strong insights into the regional
   community that you would recommend?
   -

   Are there thematic areas you think are especially important for the
   movement right now? Are there individuals with strong expertise in those
   areas you think might be willing to volunteer for Project Grants committee
   work?
   -

   Are there individuals whose judgement or skill sets have impressed you,
   who might be willing to serve in this capacity?

Please let us know! We appreciate your help with these requests.

The full 2020/1 Round schedule is also listed on the Project Grants
proposal webpage <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project>, and is
also copied here for easy reference.

Round 1 2020 schedule

   -

   Open call: January 21 - February 20, 2020
   -

      We will be planning virtual proposal workshops co-hosted by Project
      Grants Program Officers and thematically relevant Wikimedia Foundation
      staff members with expertise in GLAM, education, software, ets. The
      workshops  will support live, real-time discussions to support applicant
      proposals.
      -

   Proposal deadline: Thursday, February 20, 2020
   -

   Staff eligibility review: February 21 - March 2, 2020
   -

   Community review: March 3 - March 16, 2020
   -

   Committee review: March 17 - April 8, 2020
   -

   Grantees announced: Friday, May 15, 2020
   -

   Grants disbursed: June 2020

You can contact us at projectgra...@wikimedia.org (reaching Marti Johnson,
Chris Schilling and Janice Tud) if you would like more information about
Project Grants or the upcoming round.

With thanks,

Chris and Marti

*Chris Schilling* (him/his/they/their)
User:I JethroBT (WMF)
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:I_JethroBT_(WMF)>
Program Officer, Wikimedia Foundation Grants