Dear all,

I am Cristian and I am new to this list. I am not new to the movement, I have been part of Wikimedia Italy for the last 12 years, 7 of which I have spent serving in the board.

I wanted to share this project that I have just proposed for a project grant:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Community_Health_Metrics:_Understanding_Editor_Drop-off

We are team of 3 researchers from Eurecat, a research center in Barcelona. We have quite an extensive experience doing research on Wikipedia both on content and user interactions.

Our aim is to study editor's lifecycle to identify factors associated with editors leaving the project and make what we discover available through dashboards that can be used by the communities to plan further actions.

In particular, the proposal includes a focus on gender and other factors characterizing underrepresented groups, for example native language, or country of origin. We plan to identify which user have disclosed information about gender through userboxes (an approach already used in the literature) and focus our analyses using that information.

We understand that this kind of analysis raises possible concerns regarding privacy. For this reason, we plan to present results aggregated and at page-level, not at editor level. We would love to hear your feedback on these points.

We would like to involve the community as much as possible when choosing on which metrics we should focus on, and we would like to hear your feedback.

Thank you.

Cristian