Le samedi 5 mai 2018, 13:10:37 CEST sebb a écrit :
> On 5 May 2018 at 11:48, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr> wrote:

> >> +1

> >> +1

> >> Yes, it works well with SVN.
> >>
> >> I have tried to get a GitHub/GitBox-based version working using the
> >> temporary attic-test repo.
> >> The build aspect works fine and can use separate branches for source and
> >> target.
> >
> > oh, great work!
> > I see https://github.com/apache/attic-test
> > but where is the buildbot job, please?
>
> Buildbot config file is the same as for attic-site:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot/aegis/buildmaster
> /master1/projects/attic-site.conf
I didn't knaw that: I'll add this link to process.xml internal information on
buildbot job

> (Note: I am still working on getting attic-test-alt to respond to repo
> changes)
> >> Unfortunately there is a problem when buildbot tries push the updated
> >> target workspace back.
> >> See  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16471
> >
> > I suppose this will be fixed: it works for Jenkins, no reason why it would
> > not work for buildbot once the setup is fixed
>
> Yes, and it will have to be fixed for when projects migrate from git-wip.
>
> > in case there are strong issues, we can publish html to svnpubsub: I know
> > the setup with sources in GIt and output in svn can look surprising, but
> > it works (sources and output are  really something separate) for example
> > for Maven site (for reasons I won't explain here, but switching output
> > fully to Git was not an option: we switched only source, to get GitHub
> > edit, then Jenkins build and commit and svnwcsub to the live site)
>
> That should work, and it would avoid having to change the live site
> publication source.
> The build attic-test-alt already uses parallel checkouts (rather than
> re-using the same workdir).
> It should be simple enough to change the target workdir to use SVN
> instead of Git and change the SCM commands accordingly.
as you wish
we'll decide later, when we decide if we do the real move of production and
precisely with which steps

> >> I have tried this with attic-test.
> >>
> >> AFAICT when using a browser GitHub can only be used to update existing
> >> files. If there is a way to create a new file, it's not at all obvious,
> >> and
> >> would presumably mean more work.
> >
> > hehe, it's in the middle of the button bar: look at the little file
> > addition I just did using it :)
>
> D'oh! How did I overlook that?
I had to look twice to find it: the first time I looked, I came to the
conclusion that you were right, then I came back because "GitHub people can't
have missed this feature..." :)

Notice: when you see how basic things like this can bring misunderstanding,
imagine what happens when it's more complex...

> >> So a single file solution seems essential to support easy online updates.

> >> AFAICT that will not allow browser-only addition of new Attic projects
> >> unless the code is also changed to support using a single file as the
> >> data source. It would allow maintenance of existing templates etc,
> >> i.e. could be used to update existing project info or change
> >> templates.
> >>
> >> But if we do wish to move the existing site to Git first, most of the
> >> preparatory work for automatic builds has been done using the
> >> attic-test repo.
> >
> > thank you, this was exactly what I expected to be done with this test repo
> > Just need to have a link to the buildbot job
> > And ideally some explanations on the way the output Git commit is done (is
> > there some source somewhere?): it's for me the opportunity to learn more
> > about buildbot
>
> See the attic-site.conf file (URL above)
>
> >> However until INFRA-16471 is solved, Buildbot cannot be used to
> >> automate site publication with GitBox/GitHub.
> >
> > I expect this will be fixed soon...
> > or if really there is an issue, we'll use svnpubsub for output: the only
> > drawback is that it hurts people when you mix Git for source and Svn for
> > output...
>
> Documentation is key here.
+1