Mr. Baker,

As an employee of an institution of higher education, I have a few very basic
expectations. Chief among these is that my direct superiors have an intellect
that ranges
above the common ground squirrel. After your consistent and annoying harassment
of myself
and my co-workers during the commission of our duties, I can only surmise that
you are
one of the few true genetic wastes of our time. Asking me, a network
administrator, to
explain every little nuance of everything I do each time you happen to stroll
into my
office is not only a waste of time, but also a waste of precious oxygen.

I was hired because I know about Unix, and you were apparently hired to provide
amusement
to myself and other employees, who watch you vainly attempt to understand the
concept of
"cut and paste" for the hundredth time. You will never understand computers.
Something as
incredibly simple as binary still gives you too many options. You will also
never
understand why people hate you, but I am going to try and explain it to you,
even though
I am sure this will be just as effective as telling you what an IP is. Your
shiny new
iMac has more personality than you ever will. You walk around the building all
day,
shiftlessly looking for fault in others. You have a sharp dressed useless look
about you
that may have worked for your interview, but now that you actually have
responsibility,
you pawn it off on overworked staff, hoping their talent will cover for your
glaring
ineptitude. In a world of managerial evolution, you are the blue-green algae
that
everyone else eats and laughs at. Managers like you are a sad proof of the
Dilbert
principle. Seeing as this situation is unlikely to change without you getting a
full
frontal lobotomy reversal, I am forced to tender my resignation, however I have
a few
parting thoughts:

1. When someone calls you in reference to employment, it is illegal to give me
a bad
recommendation. The most you can say to hurt me is "I prefer not to comment." I
will have
friends randomly call you over the next couple of years to keep you honest,
because I
know you would be unable to do it on  your own.

2. I have all the passwords to every account on the system, and I know every
password you
have used for the last five years. If you decide to get cute, I am going to
publish your
"favorites list", which I conveniently saved when you made me "back up" your
useless
files. I do believe that terms like "Lolita" are not usually viewed favorably
by the
administration.

3. When you borrowed the digital camera to "take pictures of your mothers
b-day", you
neglected to mention that you were going to take pictures of yourself in the
mirror nude.
Then you forgot to erase them like the techno-moron you really are. Suffice it
to say I
have never seen such odd acts with a ketchup bottle, but I assure you that
those have
been copied and kept in safe places pending the authoring of a glowing letter of
recommendation. (Try to use a spell check please, I hate having to correct your
mistakes.)

Thank you for your time, and I expect the letter of recommendation on my desk
by 8:00 am
tomorrow. One word of this to anybody and all of your little twisted repugnant
obsessions
will be open to the public. Never fuck with your systems administrators,
because they
know what you do with all your free time.

 Sincerely,

 Ted Brewer.