From: general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com
[mailto:general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com] On Behalf Of Michael Blakeley
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:33 AM
To: MarkLogic Developer Discussion
Subject: Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] possible bug w/directory deletion

With 7.0-3 on OSX and directory-creation=manual, I don't see a XDMP-DOCNOTFOUND
error either.

xdmp:describe(doc("/test/"));
xdmp:describe(xdmp:document-properties("/test/"));
xdmp:directory-create("/test/");
xdmp:describe(xdmp:document-properties("/test/"));
xdmp:document-delete("/test/");
xdmp:describe(xdmp:document-properties("/test/"));

=>
()
()
xdmp:document-properties("/test/")
()

I think that agrees with what Mike described. The first two expressions return
(), verifying that I didn't have a pre-existing document or directory at
'/test/'. Then we see a properties element, verifying that the directory was
created. Then xdmp:document-delete succeeds where the docs say it won't.
Afterward there's no directory property at '/test/'.

-- Mike