One other (low-tech) idea is to look at the list of cod tasks and do some
static analysis on your code.  There are relatively few cold tasks, and most of
the cold tasks are app-server related (like removing ports and so forth).

-Danny

From: general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com
[mailto:general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com] On Behalf Of Whitby, Rob
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:39 AM
To: MarkLogic Developer Discussion
Subject: Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] How to tell if restart required?

Hi Ken,

Yep I saw in xdmp:host-status there is a timestamp for those config files. But
I think this method will just tell me if there is a change - not if it requires
a restart.

My plan at the moment is to add the host ids returned from
admin:save-configuration-without-restart()  to a map in a server field.

Thanks
Rob