From: general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com
[mailto:general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com] On Behalf Of Alexei Betin
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2014 5:37 PM
To: general@developer.marklogic.com
Subject: [MarkLogic Dev General] ways to execute xQuery against MarkLogic

Hello,

I've been experimenting with xQuery syntax using MarkLogic Query console and
I've been quite happy with the results so far, but now I'd like to make sure I
understand all the options for using xQuery against MarkLogic in an client
application:

>From documentation, one sure way to execute xQueries would be using XCC API
>(Java or .Net) against XDBC interface, but I am a bit confused about whether
>there're any other / language-independent options, e.g.:

Is it possible to execute xQuery directly using REST API?

If not, is it possible by storing .xqy on MarkLogic and wrapping it into a REST
API extension and then having the client call the extension?

Is it possible to wrap xQuery into a MarkLogic (RESTful) web-service and then
have client access the web-service then instead of passing xQuery directly? If
so, would it be different from creating a REST API extension?

Is there a command-line xQuery client tool?

Any advice along with pointers to documentation/examples for the possible
options is most welcome!

Thanks,

[Forward Slash]

[Elevate]

Alexei Betin

Principal Architect; Big Data
P: (817) 928-1643 | Elevate.com<http://www.elevate.com>
4150 International Plaza, Suite 300
Fort Worth, TX 76109

Privileged and Confidential. This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
privileged and/or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.