Additionally, there is no need to import the admin library.

From: general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com
[mailto:general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com] On Behalf Of Danny Sokolsky
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 2:40 PM
To: MarkLogic Developer Discussion
Subject: Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] Invalid content RESTAPI-INVALIDCONTENT:
(err:FOER0000) - when installing rest-api extension for backups in MarkLogic 7

It looks like your function has a syntax error in it:

let $dbname := map:get($params, $dbname)
  let $s3bucket := map:get($params, $s3bucket)
  xdmp:database-backup(
    (:xdmp:database-forests(xdmp:database($dbname)), $s3bucket ):)
    xdmp:database-forests(xdmp:database($dbname)), "s3://bucketname/folder" )

It is missing the return after the let statements.

-Danny