I can't speak to the specifics of Apache, but I have used the repository
transfer feature to move a project from a personal account to an organizational
account, and it preserves all the issues, PRs, commit history, etc., simply
changing the Github URL.   I wouldn't think there would be any issues at all
from an IP standpoint.

The only "hiccup" I experienced the presence of older releases with older
coordinates in a central repository, for which there should be a one-time
special release process to redirect the groupid for the first release at new
coordinates, e.g. [1]

[1] - https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html