Hi,

> Could you clarify what would be considered too low of a bar for a committer?

There isn’t one. Some projects allow you to be a committer by asking and some
will vote you in after a couple of PRs. However each project can decide where
this is.

> I feel that we need good upper and lower bounds for this so that we are all
> on the same page on who qualifies to be a committer.

It best if the project documents this, so the expectations are clear to
newcomers and potential committers.

> I would rather we don't bounce back and forth between, too high and too low.

I don't think anyone would object if the bar was “too low”.

Kind Regards,
Justin